At what age should we begin writing a memoir? 50? 70? Only if we make it to 80?
Experts say the only perfect time to write your memoir is now.
And if you need some inspiration to get started, read these books.
6 Books to Inspire You to Write Your Memoir
- When Corrie ten Boom wrote The Hiding Place, she was nearing 80 years old. Be inspired to write your own memoir as you read this special legacy of faith in a time of persecution.
2. Billy Graham wrote The Journey, a beautiful book filled with real-life inspiration from a real life lived with purpose and faith.
3. Any Given Day is a simple story written by an ordinary woman who participated in a senior citizen’s writing class. And then she sold the rights to publish it for $1 million – at 98 years of age. Check out this interesting memoir by Jessie Lee Brown Foveaux, and be inspired to write your own.
4. An interior designer and creative writer, Alexandra Stoddard writes memoir-driven wisdom in this book for her daughters. Things I Want My Daughters to Know is a sweet collection of short, personal essays.
5. Want to write your memoir in the form of a devotional? Then you’ll be inspired by Devotions for the Hungry Heart.
6. The Big Hunker Down – 7 Take-Cover Strategies to Weather the Storm of Job Loss is my very own memoir, which was written to help someone who needs the encouragement inside, or the generations who follow us and just want to know how we made it through our own adversities!
Waiting to start writing your own memoir? Be inspired and jump in! A written legacy, your own memoir, is a gift that keeps on giving for generations to come.
PS: Click here to sign up for my email list and get a free copy of my Top 15 Adventures for Every Texan Over 50!