If you’re looking for a fun and relaxing getaway with your girlfriends, a Texas Hill Country girls’ weekend is the perfect choice. With stunning natural beauty, delicious food, and plenty of outdoor activities, there’s something for everyone in this charming region of the Lone Star State.
15 Things to Do
Here are 15 fabulous things to do on a Texas Hill Country girls weekend.
- Visit Wineries: The Texas Hill Country is famous for its wineries, and you can spend an entire weekend sampling all the local vintages. Many wineries offer guided tours, tastings, and even live music, making for a perfect day out with your girlfriends.
- Go Hiking: The Texas Hill Country boasts some of the most beautiful hiking trails in the state. Lace up your hiking boots and hit the trails for some breathtaking views and fresh air. Don’t forget to pack some snacks and plenty of water.
- Relax at a Spa: There’s nothing quite like a day at the spa to unwind and recharge. The Texas Hill Country is home to many luxurious spas that offer massages, facials, and other indulgent treatments.
- Explore Small Towns: The Texas Hill Country is dotted with charming small towns that are perfect for a leisurely stroll. Shop for souvenirs, sample local cuisine, and soak up the small-town atmosphere in places like Comfort, Llano, Luckenbach and Gruene.
- Visit Enchanted Rock: This massive pink granite dome is a popular destination for hikers, rock climbers, and nature lovers. The climb to the top is challenging, but the views are worth it.
- Attend a Concert: My girlfriends and I bought tickets to a show at Llano’s Fiddle Fest after noticing a billboard on the town square. Elana James and Hot Club of Cowtown knocked our socks off with their incredible bluegrass talent.
- Take a Cooking Class: Learn to cook Texas Hill Country cuisine like a pro at one of the many cooking classes offered in the region. From barbecue to Tex-Mex, there’s something for every taste.
- Go Horseback Riding: Saddle up and explore the Texas Hill Country on horseback. Whether you’re a seasoned rider or a beginner, there are plenty of stables and trails to choose from.
- Stargaze: The Texas Hill Country is known for its clear night skies, and stargazing is a must-do activity. Pack a blanket, head out to a remote spot, and marvel at the stars.
- Go Shopping: Take home a t-shirt from a small-town boutique, or stock up on handmade gift items from all over Texas.
- Take a River Cruise: The Texas Hill Country is home to several beautiful rivers, and a leisurely cruise is the perfect way to soak up the scenery. Bring a picnic and a bottle of wine and enjoy a relaxing afternoon on the water.
- Celebrate an Occasion: Make your girls weekend more memorable by including a specific celebration. Anniversaries, grandbabies, and new jobs are good cause to celebrate. Or you can simply celebrate the number of years you’ve been friends.
- Take lots of pictures: Pictures will serve as reminders of the laughter and fun, and if the the bluebonnets are blooming, all the better. (Plan to be in the Hill Country in late March and early April for best chance!)
- Eat dessert: What would a girls weekend be without dessert? Check out the key lime pie at High’s in Comfort. It’s so yummy!
- Be spontaneous: Have a few things planned, but also leave space for spontaneity when it comes to your girls weekend. There are many hidden gems and unexpected finds in this incredible part of Texas. So, if you plan too much, you might miss out on a spontaneous adventure. Be willing to veer off the beaten path when you hear, “Hey, let’s go see what that is!”
Where Will You Go Next?
Whether you’re looking for adventure or relaxation, a Texas Hill Country girls weekend has it all. With so many fabulous activities to choose from, you and your besties are sure to make many unforgettable memories.
Now, you just need to decide where to go next!
Encouraging intentional adventure,
PS: Click here to subscribe to my newsletter, where you’ll find more adventure news and inspiration!