As the sayings go, a man’s home is his castle, his sanctuary and where his heart is. Home is where we let our hair down and enjoy some solitude away, ballgames on tv, and sleeping in our own beds. The opportunity to visit someone inside the four walls of where they live is an honor on any day of the week, but on home tours, the experience takes on an added air of expectancy.
Our homes are where we dwell, where we think, where we smile and where we discuss all manner of topics. It’s this opportunity to see inside the soul of another that intrigues those of us who enjoy the tours of homes. How have they decorated the space? What ideas from someone’s well-designed kitchen can we take home and use for ourselves? Can we visualize ourselves living in a modern setting?
Answer some of those questions for yourself as you tour the homes on my 2018 Essential List of Home Tours.
- October 27, 2018 – 6 homes
- Tickets $50 / public
- Location – Angelika Film Center & Cafe, 5321 East Mockingbird Lane, Dallas, Texas 75206
Check in for the tour begins at 8:30 a.m. with refreshments. The symposium begins at 9 a.m., and tour houses are open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Attendees are REQUIRED to check in at the Angelika Film Center. Reservations are required and non-refundable. Purchase tickets here.
- Saturday & Sunday, November 3 and 4, 2018
- Tickets $5 donation at the door, or tour Tour all three Heritage Society Homes for $15 at the door
- Location – Giddings Stone Mansion, 2203 Century Circle, Brenham, Texas
This fundraising event features the Giddings Stone Mansion, decorated by the expert team from Hermann Furniture. The mansion comes to life, filled with beautiful Christmas decor. Wine and hors d’oeuvres served at Hermann Furniture, 213 W. Alamo on Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and again on Sunday from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 10, 2018
- Tickets $10 purchased at any Main Street business
- Location – Main Street Smithville, Texas, including two churches and historic homes
Stroll historic Main Street to see beautiful quilts displayed in front of our historic buildings. Ride the train to two churches displaying quilts in their sanctuaries. Tour several lovely historic homes throughout Smithville. Shop, dine and enjoy historic Smithville. A BIG small town experience! (Photo below is from 2017 tour of the home where the move Hope Floats was made.)
- Saturday, December 1, 2018 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tickets $35 for home tour (11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) and market (9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Location – GCHS Sanctuary & Social Hall at 312 W. San Antonio, Fredericksburg, Texas
This year Christmas will be on display at seven fabulous homes in and around Fredericksburg. This is a self-guided tour and a booklet with the tour map and full description of each home will be given to each participant. The Market is held inside the Sanctuary and Social Hall and features 22 boutique vendors. Market only is $5 at the door. Purchase tickets online here.
- Saturday, December 8, 2018
- Tickets $20 / $30 after December 1
- Location – Bluebonnet House and Garden Center at 5095 Main Street, Chappell Hill, Texas
Christmas tour featuring some very special homes and a tour of the Chappell Hill United Methodist Church, built in 1901. Purchase tickets online here or on the day of the tour at Bluebonnet House. Wow, does this church look like it should be in a Hallmark movie, or what??
Isn’t this a great list? Now, we just have to decide which ones to attend. What do you think?
Encouraging intentional adventure and a peek inside some amazing Texas homes,
PS: Have you signed up to receive my weekly newsletter? It’s easy peasy, and you can do it right here!